Monday, August 9, 2010

Well. It is now monday.

This means I get to write here again, and i have something i want to talk about...it almost seems like fate.  Well anyways, my parents just got a new (well, it's used, but it's new for them) car and I started thinking about why people give their cars names.  Sure, like every other (ab)normal person out there, I can see a "face" when I look at a car.  You know, the headlights are eyes, depending on the trunk it might have a mustache, and so on; and usually you have a name to go along with a face.  Maybe it's how I was raised, but I've never seen a car that looked particularly like a "Penny" or a "Mark".

I've had conversations in the past about the names of my friends, and appropriately (also temporarily because I usually forget) re-named them if I can fathom a name that I liked better for each person. Except, for me, no names ever really come to mind when I see a car.  It seems like this is not fate...

However. I am not opposed to naming The New Car, so if anyone who does think of a name when they see a car, comment with an idea for the name, and depending on my ability to "see" it after i have been enlightened, it will become The New Car's name. In case it wasn't already clear, the car on the left is The New Car. :)


-TTFN

1 comment: