Sunday, November 6, 2011

So many words.

Yes I know it's late, but I have been working all day on my history paper and NaNoWriMo and NOT calculus because math is a deceptive liar who doesn't know when to be a fraction and when to just be a derivative. Seriously, bro, you can't have it all.

Since I have so many other words to write tonight, you get a very very rough excerpt of my novel.

" That Thursday night, like so many nights before, I found myself sitting at my window seat, staring into the night. I had turned off the lights in my room and everything inside was touched by the eerie, bluish glow of the moonlight. Outside, I could see the first signs of frost forming on the grass and the blades still swaying slightly in the October breeze. The tree tops above made a hard, moving black line against the still, clear sky, and as I stared at the stars, I remembered the days where I still believed in wishing. Wishing on stars, or wishing in general, I didn’t know. Neither had gotten me anywhere good.
Some days, I did think that I could wish myself back to when I believed. When I was young, I would wish on the same star every night until the clouds had come in for good. The day I stopped seeing that star was the first reality check of my life. My father had set me on his lap and told me through my six year-old tears that wishing on a star wouldn’t make something happen; I had to get it myself. Wishing on the star just made me want it more.
And now, as I looked out my bedroom window, staring at the star. I wished with all my heart that I really could wish. But it wouldn’t happen. Things had changed."

Song of the Week ---> Yellow (cover) by the Vitamin String Quartet

Katie ---> out. MWAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment