Friday, June 24, 2011

It's Fabulous Friday!

Ok, so technically the days of the week don't matter anymore, because it's summer and all the days blur together, but for me, this Friday is exciting. That is because it's the Friday before my vacation! Woohoo! I'm getting so pumped about going, you don't even know. Time to ditch this sorry summer weather buh-bye!

Also, today is my first day of tutoring (someone else, as in I tutor others) so wish me luck! Out of curiosity, who's going to be working this summer?

Anyways, I guess people have been listing goals for this summer. I'm going to try and list some of mine here:

*Have an awesome vacation!

*Read lots of books, including several in Spanish. I really want to read Don Quixote if I have the time! I'm going to read "En El Tiempo de las Mariposas" by Julia Alvarez, which has been reviewed as a really good book, although the type I swear is size 9 font. No joke. But I'm going to give it my best shot.

*Workout more and improve my upper body strength. Needed for TKD especially since I made it onto the new competition team.

*See most of the amazing movies coming out this summer. Seriously, there are a lot of them.

*Hang out with my peeps!

*Do a summer photography project and take lots of pics to then print and frame to put up in a corner of my room.

*Complete Red Dead Redemption (an X-Box game :P )


I feel sure I'll get inspired throughout the summer and add more to this list.

Photoshop pic of the week time: it's a shot of the Seattle waterfront pier restaurant. I basically sharped the image and amped up the colors. I really loved how the red, yellow, and green popped out on a rather dreary Seattle day.




Have a great weekend!

-N

P.S. - Did you notice that I didn't capitalize "Summer" throughout the post? Hehe, I am so very sneaky ;)

2 comments:

  1. I wish i was working :\ instead i'm just volunteering at the local community theatre up here :) I love that picture btw !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that book!!! Except in English, not Spanish. It was really good!

    ReplyDelete