Friday, December 10, 2010

A Very Glee Christmas

Right now I'm listening to the Glee Christmas Album which has inspired my title for this week's post. Glee music really helps me focus when I'm doing homework, although sometimes I find myself singing along while I have my pencil paused over my math homework. Then of course my brother comes along to tell me to be quiet, which of course makes me only want to sing louder :D .

I've been working pretty hard this evening on homework. How about you guys? I know it's really hard to focus, so maybe put some upbeat music on or take a break? Actually, I just came back from my hour long break (hehe). I was watching Smallville with my fam, and then I learn after a totally epic ending to an episode, the series doesn't pick up again until January 28th! I don't want to wait that long! Ugh. Well whatever. I still have my Glee.

In other exciting words, I got my renewed passport! I'm okay with my picture, but it could have been better. My dad thinks it makes me look like I'm 12... thanks dad. Getting my passport just gets me all excited about Jerusalem. Speaking of which, I need to start reading that book that Segall gave us... However, I'll do that when I have less pressing things to do, like APUSH reading, APUSH worksheet, Feast Wish letters (! - I got the Matrix), and math homework among various other things.

Just looking around my room though keeps me motivated to keep going. I have a mini pink Christmas tree here on my desk, complete with ornaments, along with a string of pink lights above my bed and winter garlands around my windows. I love getting into the Holiday spirit, because before you know it, it's gone.

Ok, now I want your opinions: Do you think playing pokemon at our age would make us losers? Because I don't think so, but a certain friend of mine needs a little convincing...(you know who you are!) So yeah, leave a comment with what you think about that. Speaking of video games, do you guys have any suggestions for fun games? I know I have a few on my Christmas list.(LEGO Harry Potter anyone?) You know, it's okay to like video games. I do not frown upon them; in fact, studies have shown that people who play more video games have faster reflexes. So that's a good reason to play. Although that's more like action games, like Halo and Call of Duty. Not like I would know... Ok, yes, I'll admit it. I really do like playing a lot of my brother's video games. But most of the time he won't let me play them because he's afraid I'll "mess up" his game. You know, I think it's perfectly ok if I want to just ride around a horse in Red Dead Redemption, or shoot a few aliens down in Halo. I mean, seriously, sometimes you just need a good killing spree to release some stress. [This applies only to video games!] So yeah. Go waste an hour in front of your Xbox or Wii or even your computer.


So I haven't been really creative lately due to homework restraints, so here's a picture I did a while back in Photoshop. It's the Hollywood sign, but made to look like it's on a small scale, like in a tiny town or something.




Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

-Nathalia

3 comments:

  1. HARRY POTTER LEGO IS THE BEST. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha ok am i the certain friend? bc you aren't looser per say, you just have special interests!

    ReplyDelete